USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Red Wing in Red Wing, Minnesota
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand/power tools
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using appropriate tools
- Weld using various techniques and perform shop repairs utilizing robotic welder, milling machine, and lathe
- Work from blueprints and schematics and perform basic shop math
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- This position primarily works 7 am – 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Mechanics respond to callouts outside of regularly scheduled hours as needed.
- This position requires working roughly one weekend per month and will compensate accordingly. Employee receives time off during the week instead of the weekend.
- Utilize Mp2 maintenance software to enter work requests and locate parts in inventory
- Ability to learn and understand maintenance and operation of mineral wool production for the following: fiberization equipment, spinner wheels, drum filters, cupola emission systems, cupola equipment, water systems, fire protection systems, plant steam systems, Hoffman blowers, wool baling systems, blowchambers, bale handling equipment, and other mineral wool production equipment
- Operate forklift, skid loader, boom lift, scissor lifts, and other mobile equipment
- Follow instructions on printed work or customer orders to complete assigned tasks
- Maintain water treatment system for boilers and attain a boiler’s license
Any and all tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Must be capable and committed to working in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and practices including LOTO, confined space entry, proper use of fall protection, rigging, and housekeeping. Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Prior experience in the previously mentioned areas is a plus
- Must have the desired technical skills to work as a maintenance mechanic
- Basic computer skills preferred to complete safety training and review work-related email
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them
- Good communication skills needed to work with coworkers and customers
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements
The Preferred Candidate will have experience as a supervisor and be able to:
- Give critical feedback, coach, and grow assigned mechanics
- Balance wrench time with people development
- Identify opportunities to improve plant maintenance
- Cross-train with other areas in the facility
- Foster collaboration and discussion inside and outside the department
- Knows and demonstrates the ability to follow and enforce plant safety rules
- Able to motivate and engage others to accomplish all plant goals regarding safety, people, and cost
- Maintain good employee relations through fair and equitable treatment and handling of routine day-to-day questions and complaints. Capable of giving and documenting feedback in non-disciplinary and disciplinary situations.
- Demonstrates competent use of team leadership skills, including launching a team, leading meetings, reaching team consensus, delegating responsibilities to the team, problem solving techniques, and building trust within a team
- Demonstrates competent use of interpersonal skills, including communicating, giving feedback, both positive and negative, responding positively to negative situations, and active listening. Adequately documents discussions with employees.
- Assists with job planning, developing, and executing plant projects. Maintains high level of knowledge and skills in all job areas.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Red Wing-Engineering
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Red Wing
Location: Minnesota-Red Wing
Requisition ID: RED10043
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.