USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Red Wing in Red Wing, Minnesota
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities necessary to keep plant operating efficiently
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools, cranes/hoist, rigging equipment, welders, fall restraint, etc.
- Work from blueprints and schematics and perform basic shop math.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- This position primarily works 7 am – 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Mechanics respond to callouts outside of regularly scheduled hours as needed.
- This position requires working roughly one weekend per month and will compensate accordingly. Employee receives time off during the week instead of the weekend.
- Utilize Mp2 maintenance software to enter work requests and locate parts in inventory
- Ability to learn and understand maintenance and operation of mineral wool production for the following: fiberization equipment, spinner wheels, drum filters, cupola emission systems, cupola equipment, water systems, fire protection systems, plant steam systems, Hoffman blowers, wool baling systems, blowchambers, bale handling equipment, and other mineral wool production equipment.
- Operate forklift, skid loader, boom lift, scissor lifts, and other mobile equipment.
- Maintain water treatment system for boilers and attain a boiler’s license.
Any and all tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Must be capable and committed to working in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and practices including LOTO, confined space entry, proper use of fall protection, rigging, and housekeeping. Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Prior experience in the previously mentioned areas is a plus.
- Must have the desired technical skills to work as a maintenance mechanic.
- Basic computer skills preferred to complete safety training and review work-related email
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them.
- Good communication skills needed to work with coworkers and customers
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Red Wing-Engineering
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Red Wing
Location: Minnesota-Red Wing
Requisition ID: RED10048
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.