USG Corporation Production Manager in Red Wing, Minnesota
This position effectively manages the USG Interiors, Red Wing Production Department and plant safety/compliance programs and directs activities of production employees to assure safe, timely, efficient, and high quality production. This position is also responsible for training, motivating, and supervising one foreman, four supervisors, one production planner, one supply chain lead, and ten production employees.
This position requires advanced knowledge of all departmental operations, including safety procedures, and plant practices. Responsibilities also include planning and developing capital and non-routine improvement projects.
Responsible for production of all mineral wool products with the highest level of quality. Implement the quality program and methods for improving and/or maintaining product quality and service standards.
Actively participates with the Red Wing Leadership Team and fosters growth, engagement, and innovation. Encourages the use of coaching, 5S, and LSS tools to continuously improve the operation and increase employee engagement.
-Works with Marketing and Research departments to implement new product changes or enhancements. Takes ideas and concepts, with support from plant's Engineering department, and effectively implement changes through an efficient and safe manufacturing process.
-Responsible for the oversight and administration of state and federal environmental compliance requirements and program documentation.
- Work closely with Cloquet Plant and external customers to grow the ceiling business and provides exceptional customer service while managing costs and inventory accuracy.
Education and/or Experience:
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job knowledge and experience.
- Project Engineer or previous supervisory experienced preferred.
- Must have the ability to use spreadsheets, word-processing programs, and Company e-mail system.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write and compile reports and business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information, interact with, and respond to questions from employees, vendors, contractors, customers and USG staff. Leadership Skills:
Must possess strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce environment.
- Business minded, people and results-oriented, with a strong emphasis on safety, quality, and customer service.
- Self-starter, excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively. Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general or technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to operate within a planned budget and manage costs within established goals.
- Must be adaptable and willing to work any necessary hours.
Organization: *Red Wing-Production
Title: Production Manager
Location: Minnesota-Red Wing
Requisition ID: RED10036
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.