USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic (Mine) - Shoals in Shoals, Indiana
- Entry level position. Searching for candidates with interest and high potential to learn and grow in the maintenance field.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities within a manufacturing plant.
- Ability to become familiar with a work order system.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Work as part of a team, communicating and cooperating to achieve the required results.
- There are six pay levels for this position that can be achieved through promotion from within (starting at $21.89 per hour). Experience will be considered and applicants may start at a higher rate.
- Ability to perform assigned repair and servicing tasks. Experience working in a manufacturing plant or mine is a plus.
- Willingness to work the assigned schedule. Normal schedule is “day” shift, but it is often necessary to work OT, nights, weekends, and holidays to meet the needs of the Plant. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels.
- Consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant & departmental safety rules.
- Meet the essential physical requirements of the position -- negotiate steps and ladders, lift heavy objects, work in temperature extremes, etc.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as specified in the operator rate program.
- Experience with diesel-powered, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic mining equipment a plus.
Looking for candidate who can perform the following:
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments such as laser alignment tools, stethoscope, tachometer, infrared camera, ultra sound and vibration analysis tools
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand/power tools
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Must be capable of welding using the following methods: Tig, Mig or Stick welding
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Must be capable of working from blueprints and schematics, and perform basic shop math
- Must be capable of working in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and practices
- Must have the desired technical skills to work as a maintenance mechanic
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area
- Follow instructions on printed work or customer orders to complete assigned tasks
- Basic computer skills preferred to complete safety training and review work-related email
- Ability to learn to operate required equipment, including mobile equipment (forklifts, etc.)
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic (Mine) - Shoals
Requisition ID: SHO10299
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.