USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Shoals in Shoals, Indiana
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
Entry level position. Searching for candidates with interest and high potential to learn and grow in the maintenance field.
Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities within a manufacturing plant.
Ability to become familiar with a work order system.
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Work as part of a team, communicating and cooperating to achieve the required results.
There are six pay levels for this position that can be achieved through promotion from within (starting at $18.42 per hour). Experience will be considered and applicants may start at a higher rate.
1. Ability to perform assigned repair and servicing tasks. Experience working in a manufacturing plant is a plus.
2. Willingness to work the assigned schedule. Normal schedule is “day” shift, but it is often necessary to work OT, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the Plant. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels.
3. Consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant & departmental safety rules.
4. Meet the essential physical requirements of the position -- negotiate steps and ladders, lift heavy objects, work in temperature extremes, etc.
5. Maintain regular and predictable attendance. 6. Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from supervision. 7. Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as specified in the operator rate program.
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Shoals
Requisition ID: SHO10222
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.