USG Corporation Production Manager (Mine/Mill) - Shoals in Shoals, Indiana
Direction of the underground mine and milling operation to produce and deliver needed quantities of base materials to the plant’s finished goods departments.
- Lead a department staff of a mining engineer, general foreman, two operating foreman, underground maintenance foreman, and 30 hourly employees.
- Adherence to a resource utilization strategy that optimizes the use of synthetic gypsum and natural rock reserves.
- Support of efforts undertaken to carry out an immediate and long term reliability and maintenance program.
- Lead the capital planning and execution within the department.
- Provide technical assistance needed to develop new or improved manufacturing procedures, flows, or methods within the mine and milling functions.
- Achieve operational improvements through leadership and support of LSS and Lean Management initiatives.
- Attainment of departmental safety, quality, and cost goals while driving continuous improvement in each of these areas.
Election, development, motivation, and succession planning of a competent department staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent and prior department manager experience preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of gypsum mining, calcining, and grinding methods.
- Proven track record investigating and implementing process engineering solutions.
- Effective collaboration and engagement skills needed to foster teamwork with employees and internal customers.
- Well developed planning and prioritizing capability required to adapt to changing conditions and production scheduling.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Manager (Mine/Mill) - Shoals
Requisition ID: SHO10296
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.