USG Corporation Industrial Electrician - Sigurd in Sigurd, Utah
*Job Description: *
- Operate electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger, and amprobe.
- Install, perform preventive maintenance, and troubleshoot motor control and lighting systems using wiring schematics.
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair motors.
- Troubleshoot advanced control system and instrumentation equipment including PLC controls using wiring schematics.
- Use infrared camera to perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot.
- Install and configure VFD power and control wire.
- Size and wire transformers.
- Install various electrical controls.
- Interpret electrical schematics and symbols.
- Know and understand NEC codes, become trained in NFPA-70E, and practice all other electrician duties in a manufacturing environment.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be capable of working in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and practices.
- Must have the desired technical skills to work as a maintenance mechanic or electrician.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Follow instructions on printed work or customer orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Basic computer skills preferred to complete safety training and review work-related email.
- Ability to learn to operate required equipment, including mobile equipment (forklifts, etc.).
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them.
- Good communication skills needed to work with coworkers and customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, and understands. importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements. Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- PLC experience preferred but not required.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Industrial Electrician - Sigurd
Requisition ID: SIG10189
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.