USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Sigurd in Sigurd, Utah
USG.isan equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of thought, ideas, perspectiveand people. We create an inclusive environment that attracts,retainsand values people of all backgrounds by treatingall people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity andindependence through inclusion,integration, and equalopportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of those who interact with USGinaccordance with FederalandState laws.Information regarding applicant accessibility may be found on the Accessibility section of our website.
- Ensureoperation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on: motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments such as laser alignment tools, stethoscope, tachometer, infrared camera, ultra sound and vibration analysis tools.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand / power tools.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using tape measures, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions, requests and completing feedback documentation.
Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Mechanical I Technical Understanding - Mechanical Fundamentals: mechanics, lubrication, understanding maintenance documents, pumps, piping systems, welding/cutting (stick, mig, tig and torch). Mechanical power transmission: basic mechanics, bearings. Hydraulic power transmission: basic hydraulics, hydraulic troubleshooting. Basic pneumatic: Pneumatic Principles, Reciprocating Compressors, Rotary Compressors, Primary Air Treatment, Secondary Air Treatment, Piping, Hoses, and Fittings, Directional Control Valves, Pressure-Control Valves, Pneumatic Cylinders, Pneumatic Motors.
Safety and housekeeping are the first consideration in all activities. The employee must consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant & departmental safety rules, standards, and programs.
- Responsible for performing all assignments as delegated by the Mechanical Supervisors.
- Normal working schedule is 6a - 2:30p, Monday thru Friday, but it is often necessary to work OT, nights, weekends, and callouts to meet the needs of the Plant. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels.
- Must report all near misses.
- Must have safe work practices.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
- The employee must be able to work in temperatures of -20 to 115 degrees F.
- Must have ability to safely operate plant forklifts, and plant vehicles.
- Report any unsafe condition or defective equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools.
- Ability to lift items 50 pounds or less and negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job area.
- Must learn the location and operation of all safety devices within assigned work area and ensure that they are functioning properly at all times.
- Demonstrate knowledge of when, where and how to use standard and specialized personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrate knowledge of all department emergency procedures and location and use of emergency equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to protect himself/herself and co-workers from potential safety hazards.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with other workers in the areas of safety, quality, and production/maintenance and
- understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Must complete the mechanical skills assessment.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Sigurd
Requisition ID: SIG10186
Other Locations: United States
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.