USG Corporation Production Operator (Loading) - Sigurd in Sigurd, Utah
- Responsible for loading finished products onto flatbed trailers while maintaining the quality and integrity of the product
- Responsible for unloading raw materials and finished goods from flatbed and van-style trailers
- Responsible for performing spot quality checks on finished products in the warehouse
- Responsible for completing paperwork associated with outbound and inbound deliveries
- Responsible for ensuring truck drivers are following all USG Safety rules while on Plant property
- Responsible for performing accurate inventory counts of both finished goods and raw materials.
- Work schedule includes rotating shifts. Employees required to rotate between days and swing as scheduled.
Overtime is mandatory.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve checking the documented inventory of product and require entry of data related to the delivery or shipment of items to/from the Plant.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate knowledge of Oracle a plus.
- Recognize warehoused finished goods with properties outside of product specifications.
- Read measuring devices - standard tape measure down to 1/32" and a micrometer down to 0.001".
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to recognize and troubleshoot minor issues when operating mobile equipment.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Able to create, revise, and follow Visual Work Instructions (VWI’s).
Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to acquire certification.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator (Loading) - Sigurd
Requisition ID: SIG10166
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.