USG Corporation Production Operator (Quarry/Mill) - Sigurd in Sigurd, Utah
The Quarry/Mill Operator position involves work in all stages of the gypsum mining and mill process. This includes operation of mining equipment including dozers, drill, loaders, grader, haul, and water trucks. Work also includes blasting of gypsum using explosives, operation of crushers and blending of materials to meet quality requirements, and operation of processing plant using computers to control equipment within operating limits. Position includes some overtime, weekend, and swing or grave shift work as required to meet customer demands.
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Recognize quality measurements that are outside of a specified range and adjust processes to correct problems.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn to operate off road heavy equipment - loader, haul truck, drill, dozer, grader, and water truck.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment - crushers and hydraulic rock breaker, and Mill equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to keep an accurate count and report on quarry or mill production.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Able to use small electronics such as handheld GPS units or cameras.
- Able to pass BATF Explosive Employee Possessor background check
- Ability to safely handle and accurately count and inventory explosives
- Ability to lift or handle up to 50 lbs.
- Computer skills required for equipment control and management of mill process, data entry, and reporting.
- Computer skills required to navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
/ EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator (Quarry/Mill) - Sigurd
Requisition ID: SIG10199
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.