USG Corporation Plant IT Coordinator in Southard, Oklahoma
Effectively coordinates plant IT operations to provide a cost-effective and reliable information system. This includes the design, support, maintenance and local control over computer hardware, computer software, network, and telephone support.
- Position is responsible for fostering continuous improvement through the selection, recommendation, installation, and training of all computer activities and services, and the investigation of new technology to maximize efficiency in computer technology and business applications.
- Install, configure, maintain, and provide technical support for all plant network and workstation-based software applications. Thorough understanding Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Champion the plant’s Lean Six Sigma efforts by applying techniques learned upon becoming a certified “greenbelt”. Requires both the foresight and execution to successfully complete assigned continuous improvement projects.
Develop working knowledge of statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, Lean Six Sigma, Quality, and basic financial principles with the ability to apply them during planned activities.
Position is located at a gypsum manufacturing plant located in Southard, OK.
- Advanced education or equivalent experience in IT Network administration is strongly preferred.
- Self-starter who can be effective working independently. Excellent organizational skills plus the ability to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively collaborate within cross functional teams engaging employees over whom he/she has no direct authority.
- Ability to enhance skill development needed to support a workforce with varying degrees of computer aptitude.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma methodology is a plus, including the ability to deliver needed mathematical and statistical analysis skills.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Plant IT Coordinator
Requisition ID: SOU10351
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.