USG Corporation Project Engineer Co-Op - Southard in Southard, Oklahoma
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Meet all safety requirements of the job, including the monitoring and execution of the Quarry Department and plant safety program where assigned.
- Prepares and follows to completion all assigned Authorities and Job Sheet requests.
- Assists the Department in planning and implementing routine and non-routine maintenance expenditures.
- Utilizes technical training to recommend process enhancements.
- Must be willing and able to learn mobile equipment operation.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, acceptable job performance, and predictable attendance.
- Ability to supervise plant crews and contractors as assigned.
Handles administrative functions as related to the position.
This is a temporary position for a co-op work term in 2022 at the Southard, OK plant.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering.
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing operation is a plus.
- Self-starter, who is results-oriented and able to demonstrate the time management skills needed to manage shifting priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team. Position collaborates with personnel across the plant, contractors, vendors, etc.
- Proficient computer skills.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Project Engineer Co-Op - Southard
Requisition ID: SOU10362
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.