USG Corporation Quality Foreman - Southard in Southard, Oklahoma
- Position is located at a gypsum processing manufacturing plant in rural, northwest Oklahoma.
- Daily oversight of 3 quality labs consisting of employees who are responsible for both in-process and finished goods testing.
- Troubleshoots and makes recommendations, improvements and/or changes that are necessary to ensure product quality and customer acceptance.
- Monitors product market performance including resolution of any unsatisfactory conditions and trends. Accountable for the satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
- Key focus is on enhancing market relationships through regular customer interface. This includes being able to understand and engage them on product attributes, consulting on testing procedures, etc.
- Collaborates with other departments as needed to provide support around process variations and coordinate around base issues.
- Uses technical knowledge to make recommendations for product and process improvements. Drives continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the plant quality system which includes ISO and Food and Pharmaceutical elements.
- Selection, training, development, and retention of competent lab technicians, including carrying out established plant policies while maintaining a high standard of safety performance, housekeeping, and employee engagement.
- Training and/or or education in Chemistry is a plus.
- Supervisory experience working in a quality function within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to successfully lead the quality function, from both the business and people perspectives.
- Knowledge of gypsum properties is beneficial to provide guidance as needed both inside and outside the plant. Hands-on experience working with the Southard Plant Industrial and Flooring product lines is a significant asset.
- Ability to challenge managers, supervisors etc. when asserting a position around adherence to quality bulletin specifications.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data through the use of control charts.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with customers.
- Proficient in handling assigned administrative duties, including computer tasks.
- Ability to effectively coach employees to higher levels of performance.
/EOE including disability/veterans/
Job: *Supervisor - Manufacturing or Distribution
Title: Quality Foreman - Southard
Requisition ID: SOU10294
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.