USG Corporation Production Operator - Stockton in Stockton, California
Work performed at USG Interiors, LLC includes the manufacturing and distribution of metal grid for suspended ceilings. Employees use safe work practices in the manufacturing process which involves metal slitting, roll forming, and material handling (overhead cranes, forklifts, and loading/unloading of raw materials and/or finished goods).
- Must be able to cross-train on different roll forming machines and make equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met. Ability to identify, sort, and properly package products into cartons for shipping. Responsible for properly recording all production numbers.
- Responsible for knowing and following all plant, department, and job safety rules. Must maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping in the work area and after completing assigned jobs.
- Utilizes Lock Out-Tag Out and other safety practices to adjust settings on equipment during changeovers. Performs some general routine maintenance on equipment.
- Must be able to maintain continuous visual inspection for quality problems on any product being packaged. Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results.
- Responsible for wearing and using all required personal protective equipment (hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc).
- Prior forklift operation experience preferred (loading, warehouse, etc.).
Starting pay is $20.00/hour.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices. Maintains a high standard for housekeeping within the work area. Recognizes unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift after the initial training period is complete to include 2nd shift. Must be available for overtime and call-ins as required.
- Basic computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Ability to use Microsoft Office Programs, e-mail, and enter data for quality or production/loading operations into computer programs/spreadsheets.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications. Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance.
- Read measuring devices - standard tape measure down to 1/32" and a micrometer down to 0.001". Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Must be able to read, write, and possess basic math and analytical skills.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them (hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, tape measure, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate and cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to acquire certification. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator - Stockton
Requisition ID: STO10021
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.