USG Corporation Sales Representative (Gypsum) - NYC Metro in Stony Point, New York
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more sthan 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion form within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds pf employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
The Sales Representative – Gypsum applies extensive product, technical, and application expertise to promote all Gypsum Division products. The incumbent establishes strong relationships with gypsum specialty dealers, large Pro Dealers, and contractors in assigned territory. In addition, the incumbent collaborates effectively with architectural sales representatives, contractor specialty representatives, and Sales Representatives – Ceiling in the geographic area to influence customer decisions.
Ideal candidate will reside in Long Island, New York and service the New York City Metro.
Location flexibility is at the sole discretion of the hiring manager.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Through effective selling, maximizes USG's short and long term growth in sales volume, gross profit and industry position, with a particular focus on Gypsum products
- Proactively builds relationships with gypsum specialty dealers and contractors to increase preference and demand for USG Gypsum products and systems
- Expand customer base and evaluate new customer opportunity
- Effectively manage complaint process to mitigate risk
- Uses sales tools such as Salesforce.com to manage customer information, track jobs, identify leads, and locate greatest opportunities with customers
- Monitors and reports competitive activity and strategically promotes USG’s product offering
- Launches and promotes new Gypsum products while maintaining support of core Gypsum products
- Assists in answering all technical questions pertaining to Gypsum products including testing, applications, code and performance. Coordinates with contractor and technical resources when appropriate
- Applies Dimensions of Professional Selling tools and techniques throughout the entire sales process to provide an exceptional customer experience and added value
- Works closely with all shared services including Manufacturing, Marketing, Product Management, Pricing Analytics, Sales Operations and Customer Service to ensure that customer interactions all occur with the highest level of service
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities*
- Self-starter with very strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving abilities
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Salesforce.com is used daily to record and share information and acts as our CRM platform. Other industry related computer skills (CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up, Presentation software, etc.) are a plus
- Attends USG sponsored training courses to thoroughly understand value-proposition, positioning strength, and overall strategy and tactics of all Gypsum products
- Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships
- Good listener. Strong written and oral communication skills. Interactive presentation skills. Good client and customer service skills
*Physical Demands and Other Requirements*
- Physical requirements include the ability to carry 30 lbs and drive a car (valid driver’s license required)
- Ability to travel approximately up to 50%
*Education and Related Experience*
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field. Advanced education beyond a Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Two year minimum sales experience in the building industry or an aligned business. Technical expertise/aptitude required
- Trained in Dimension of Professional Selling Skills and Directions communication tools to successfully engage with customers
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Account Rep Metro New York-720-182
Title: Sales Representative (Gypsum) - NYC Metro
Location: New York-Stony Point
Requisition ID: NOT10014
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.