USG Corporation Production Operator (Miscellaneous Crew) - Sweetwater in Sweetwater, Texas
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
USG has an immediate need for a Production Operator to assist with the manufacturing process at a facility producing wallboard. This person must know, understand, and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and follow all applicable safe operating procedures and rules including housekeeping requirements. Use of computer equipment will be required to complete job tasks on a daily basis.
• Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met
• Ensures all product quality parameters of position are adhered to fully.
• Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into MDIS system.
• Ensures that all areas of responsibility are swept, all equipment etc. is dusted off daily.
• Responsible for reporting all abnormal conditions to the supervisor, including any equipment performance problems, malfunctions or failures
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Read measuring devices - standard tape measure down to 1/32" and a micrometer down to 0.001".
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to acquire certification.
_Ability to work an 8-hour rotating shift schedule_.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Sweetwater-Raw Material Unloading
Title: Production Operator (Miscellaneous Crew) - Sweetwater
Requisition ID: SWE10343
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.