USG Corporation Project Engineer Co-op - Sweetwater in Sweetwater, Texas
- Qualified employees must have a good work ethic, acceptable job performance, and predictable attendance to apply.
- Assists in the monitoring and execution of the Department and plant safety program as directed.
- Prepares and follows to completion all assigned Authorities and Job Sheet requests.
- Utilizes technical training to advise and design various mechanical innovations as required by operating departments.
- Assists the Department in planning and implementing routine and non-routine maintenance expenditures.
- Handles administrative functions as related to position as assigned.
- Qualified candidates shall demonstrate the ability to follow safety procedures, recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area and take directions from a supervisor.
- Safety procedures must also be developed through utilization of VWI’s/JSA’s, annual refresher training in qualified areas, Equipment lockout Analysis, Confined Space Entry Analysis Interactive Video training or other available programs.
- Must be a people and results-oriented individual who incorporates and emphasizes safety and quality in all aspects of the daily work environment.
- Must be willing and able to learn equipment operation from instruction and self-study.
- Must be able to train under and complete all required OSHA reporting and compliance requirements and be able to follow OSHA regulations.
- Must be willing to be available for overtime and call-ins as required.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Report to the job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must learn and follow all plant, department, and job safety rules and maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping in the department and after completing assigned tasks.
- Wear and use all required PPE. (hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc).
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with other workers in the areas of safety, quality, and production/maintenance and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Project Engineer Co-op - Sweetwater
Requisition ID: SWE10392
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.