USG Corporation Storeroom Clerk - Sweetwater in Sweetwater, Texas
Receive incoming shipments, unload trucks, open boxes, crates, shipping containers, move items into and around warehouse and/or storeroom, verify orders placed against packing receipts, check for damage, accept or reject complete or partial shipments.
- Maintain an accurate record of all receiving transactions via computerized maintenance management system (MP2) and Oracle.
- Tag, shelve, and inventory items received, track inventories via computerized maintenance management system, and prepare items for returns.
- Organize, stock, rotate, and clean shelves.
- Maintain overall storeroom cleanliness and organization through proper housekeeping.
- Perform monthly inventory optimizations and with cycle counting.
- Assemble maintenance and supply items kits from pick lists and distribute throughout the plant.
- Ensure that all items are properly checked out of inventory prior to leaving the storeroom.
- Troubleshoot problems and questions, expected to answer questions or correct problems as they occur
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or department manager in support of the Sweetwater Plant’s RPM initiatives.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner, follow all plant safety rules and practices, and be able to recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within the work area.
- Must be able to safely operate or learn to operate plant vehicles, personnel carriers, sweeper, and fork trucks. Has a current, updated forklift certification or the ability to acquire certification.
- Must be willing to learn the equipment, operation, maintenance activities in all areas of the plant.
- Must be able to properly locate and identify maintenance parts used throughout the plant.
- Must have knowledge and experience in using a Windows-based computer system and standard software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), MP2, and barcode scanners. Must train, as needed, to stay current with changing computer applications.
- Must be able to learn and observe all plant safety rules and Operating Procedures pertaining to this position.
- Must be able to perform all essential physical requirements
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of personnel in the plant.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, time management skills, and discipline in performing administrative duties to ensure deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Must be reliable and self-motivated. Regular and predictable attendance is mandatory.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Storeroom Clerk - Sweetwater
Requisition ID: SWE10376
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.