USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Alabaster in Tawas City, Michigan
Perform minor preventative maintenance work under direct supervision.
- Assist maintenance personnel on routine repairs in a training capacity exhibiting potential for advancement.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance terminology and familiarization with plant operation and major equipment.
- Perform routine mobile equipment repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Must be capable of operating basic machine shop equipment including surface grinders, stationary drill press, band saw, and pipe threader. Welding experience a plus.
Must adhere to all procedures per USG RPM Program.
Must be able to perform this job safely.
- Exhibit a basic interest and aptitude in the maintenance field through practical experience and/or technical school training.
- Possess own tools necessary to efficiently and safely perform tasks within scope of position.
- Understand and adhere to all department and general plant safety rules.
- Be available for overtime and emergency call-in as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Alabaster
Location: Michigan-Tawas City
Requisition ID: ALA10056
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.