USG Corporation Production Operator (Quarry) - Alabaster in Tawas City, Michigan
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's nearly 9,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today. Our employees believe strongly in what we do – in fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees surveyed anonymously said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And we take care of our employees. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate their 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries with us, providing a family atmosphere for those who make a career with us. Find out how you can join the team and build your career:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
This challenging position offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits package, and the potential for a quarterly bonus. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
* Perform operational duties in an industrial quarry, screening facility including the operation of large off-road, rigid frame haul trucks, hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, graders and dozers.
* Able and willing to train on multiple pieces of mobile equipment.
* Able to work shift work, overtime and weekends as required. * Assist with equipment operation, drill/blast operations or the servicing and maintenance of equipment.
* Able of performing equipment audits, safety observations and pre-start inspections on owner’s equipment in order to recognize maintenance repair items and suggest appropriate solution/action.
* Able to accurately record production data and create such reports as required. * Able to adhere to all safety policies, plant policies
_Position Requirements:_ * Safety is a priority and applicant should be willing to engage in the safety culture at US Gypsum * Successful applicant should be willing to participate in shift work in an industrial environment * Physically capable to perform the duties as identified above. * Preference will be given to any applicant that may have a skilled trade (but not required). * Valid driver’s license
Title: Production Operator (Quarry) - Alabaster
Location: Michigan-Tawas City
Requisition ID: ALA10049
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.