USG Corporation Project Engineer (Mining) Co-Op - Alabaster in Tawas City, Michigan
Engineering at USG is a broad-based activity where Mining Engineers are exposed to multi-disciplinary work at various stages of projects. This hands-on experience provides entry-level Engineers the opportunity for high visibility and responsibility.
The PE Mining Engineer Co-op provides engineering support within a plant’s mining operations for a summer and fall term (May, 2021 thru December, 2021).
Responsibilities include assisting with the planning and implementation of capital projects to improve employee safety, production efficiencies or product quality. The work is "hands on" and designed to give the student a broad view of mining and quarry operations. The Mining Engineer Co-op will be given "real" assignments that will have an impact within the facility.
- Students must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering.
- Students must have attained at least sophomore status in school with graduation dates of December, 2021 thru December, 2023.
- Students available for a mining co-op opportunity in the May, 2021 to December, 2021 term must be able to work during two consecutive terms (6 months): Summer, 2021 AND Fall, 2021.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 required
- Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Project Engineer (Mining) Co-Op - Alabaster
Location: Michigan-Tawas City
Requisition ID: ALA10054
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.