USG Corporation Quarry Operator - Alabaster in Tawas City, Michigan
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Perform operational duties in an industrial quarry, screening facility including the operation of large off-road, rigid frame haul trucks, hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, graders, and dozers.
- Able and willing to train on multiple pieces of mobile equipment.
- Able to work shift work, overtime and weekends as required.
- Assist with equipment operation, drill/blast operations or the servicing and maintenance of equipment.
- Able of performing equipment audits, safety observations and pre-start inspections on owner’s equipment in order to recognize maintenance repair items and suggest appropriate solution/action.
- Able to accurately record production data and create such reports as required.
- Able to adhere to all safety policies, plant policies.
- Safety is a priority and applicant should be willing to engage in the safety culture at USG
- Successful applicant should be willing to participate in shift work in an industrial environment
- Physically capable to perform the duties as identified above
- Preference will be given to any applicant that may have a skilled trade (but not required)
- Valid driver’s license
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Quarry Operator - Alabaster
Location: Michigan-Tawas City
Requisition ID: ALA10062
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.