USG Corporation Architectural Sales Rep (ACT/Ensemble) - Dallas in Texas
The Architectural Sales Representative applies extensive product, technical, and application expertise to promote USG ceiling and gypsum products. The position establishes strong relationships with the Architectural and Design communities and services this group. In addition, the position collaborates effectively with USG’s local market shared services sales team, key customers and other relevant industry influencers. The incumbent will work out of a home-based office in theDallasmetro area.
Incumbent will service north Texas, including Dallas and Austin, as well as New Mexico and Oklahoma. While a majority of the time will be spent servicing DFW and Austin, ability to travel to these other markets is an essential job function.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximizes USG's short and long term growth in sales volume, gross profit and industry position across our ceilings product line as well as a number of other growth initiatives.
- Proactively develops relationships with architects, interior designers, spec writers, owners, construction managers and general contractors to increase preference and demand for USG products and systems. Networks within the industry.
- Actively tracks projects in the early design stages to influence the specification. Maintains and regularly updates in Salesforce.com a minimum number of projects where USG is/could be specified and share the information with the field sales team.
- Communicates and collaborates within the Architectural Services team, Ceilings Division Management team, and other USG departments and divisions. Supports local field sales team and distribution partners. Team play is essential with this entrepreneurial individual contributor role.
- Launches and promotes target products and programs. Monitors competitive activity and strategically promotes USG's offering. Works well in a fast paced environment.
Position Requirements * Technical expertise/aptitude required. * Will need to become AIA Certified to deliver CEU presentations. USG sponsored training courses may need to be scheduled. LEED Accreditation preferred. * Self-starter with very strong organizational, time management, and problem solving abilities. * Computer proficiency required in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Salesforce.com is used daily to record and share information. Other industry related computer skills (CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up, Presentation software, etc.) are a plus. * USG sponsored training courses will be scheduled to thoroughly understand value-proposition, positioning strength, and overall strategy. * Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships. Must be adept at networking. Membership in at least one industry group involving periodic evening meetings will be expected. * Strong listening skills, written and oral communication skills (English). Interactive presentation skills. Proven client/Customer service skills. * Physical requirements include the ability to carry 30 lbs. and drive a car (valid driver’s license required). * Authorized to work in the United States. The midpoint for this position may be adjusted based on the skills and qualifications of this incumbent. * Strong presentation and professional selling skills * Salesforce.com experience preferred Bi-lingual, English and Spanish, speaking and writing abilities preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Design, Marketing, Business or related field.
Years of Experience
• A minimum of two years of Architectural Sales experience or Project Management experience in an Architectural or Design Firm preferred.
Organization: *Ceilings-Arch Sales South 330-325
Title: Architectural Sales Rep (ACT/Ensemble) - Dallas
Requisition ID: TEX10007
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.