USG Corporation Sales Manager (Roofing) - South Central in Texas
The commercial roofing Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all sales of USG Securock Brand Roof Boards and accessories in the 7-state South Central Region. They staff the region with a team of motivated independent roofing sales agents to promote, gain specifications and profitably sell all Securock Brand Roof Board products to the commercial roofing industry. This involves training as well as both hiring and terminating ineffective organizations. The Region Manager is responsible for direct and indirect management of an average of 20 independent sales representatives.
The position requires an in-depth understanding of the commercial roofing industry, its system manufacturers, contractors, distributors, specifications network and code requirements. Internal candidates with a strong history as a quick study and a willingness to absorb more technical subject matter may also be considered in lieu of specific commercial roofing industry experience.
This manager must be a skilled presenter (Certified AIA preferred), a team builder and relationship specialist as well as someone that’s ready to get involved and get their hands dirty. The manager must be someone that can be comfortable and effective in a “player / coach” role.
Territory includes: South Central (TX, LA, MS, NM, CO, OK, AR)
Ideal candidate is in a major metropolitan Texas city, including: DFW, Houston, Austin-San Antonio. Location may be flexible at hiring manager’s discretion based on candidate knowledge, skill, ability and experience.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximize USG's short- and long-term growth in sales, volume and profit by effectively developing relationships with architects, roofing consultants, roof system manufacturers, commercial roofing distributors and contractors within the assigned sales region.
- Implement roofing sales strategies. Identify market opportunities by attaining knowledge of all industry factors and influencers. Meet sales goals by creating and implementing a strategic sales plan with key roofing sales agents. Monitor roofing sales agent’s performance by analyzing sales and recommending needed changes.
- Leverage CRM skills and champion the use of Salesforce.
- Maintain price levels throughout market. Communicate, as needed, with other regions to ensure consistent pricing. Facilitate consistent price tactics by understanding pricing relationships. Is a Salesforce power user.
- Optimize communication with USG departments to ensure appropriate information is shared. Provide volume forecast and maintain positive lines of communication with internal distribution facilities within their regions. Manage administrative duties, such as operating within budget, following price and policy guidelines, minimizing deductions, etc.
PERFORMANCE: BUSINESS AND MARKET KNOWLEDGE:
- Has a good business mind, knows how businesses work
- Recognizes good investment opportunities
- Understands how to make money
- Understands the commercial roofing industry, market, customers and our competition.
- Understands the technical side of the business, codes, FM Approvals, Dora, IBEC (RCI)
- Demonstrates solid product knowledge and is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION QUALITY:
- Identifies key issues and responds proactively
- Demonstrates solid analytical and planning skills
- Makes great decisions
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, even in the face of ambiguity and adversity
DELEGATION AND FOLLOW-UP:
- Monitors process, progress and results
- Sets clear objectives and measures
- Shares both responsibility and accountability
- Interacts appropriately with all members of USG, its customers, its partners and suppliers, and community members
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to create a welcoming environment
- Understands that different communities and cultures possess different strengths and needs and they value the perspective and contributions of all people.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent job experience
*Years of Experience: *
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial roofing sales and/or sales management.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Roofing sales experience, technical expertise and commercial roofing industry knowledge (see position description above for exception to this requirement).
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the MS Office Suite.
- Familiar with Salesforce
- Willingness to travel overnight up to 75% within the US/Assigned Region.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated leadership ability, combined with effective time management, decision making and problem solving skills.
*Preferred Skills: *
- Certified AIA presenter
- Member NRCA (National Roofing Contractors Association) and/or local roofing association
- Member IBEC (RCI) with RRO accreditation.
- Dimensions of Professional Selling (DPS) are a plus
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Bldg Sys Substrates-817001 Sales Manager-817-001
Title: Sales Manager (Roofing) - South Central
Requisition ID: TEX10010
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.