USG Corporation Summer Help (Production) - Torrance in Torrance, California
Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met.
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results.
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers.
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers as required.
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment.
Responsible for troubleshooting equipment issues and getting Supervisor involved at the appropriate time
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Read measuring devices - tape measures, micrometers, etc.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn to operate production equipment.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a production process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers and supervisor.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area and take appropriate corrective action.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Able to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Able and willing to respond to overtime as necessary.
- Able to recognize packaging defects. Able to report any quality concerns immediately to the Supervisor.
- Able to perform housekeeping duties safely. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Summer Help (Production) - Torrance
Requisition ID: TOR10074
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.