USG Corporation Buyer/Material Resource Planner - Westlake in Westlake, Ohio
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
Specialty Buyer role accountable for coordination of scheduling and planning of Specialty Department purchasing and external processing functions, defined as:
- Customer Satisfaction Leader - Steering customer responsiveness through date and order management communication with customer service representatives
- Organizational Planner - Executing upstream organization functions and planning to prevent downstream inefficiencies.
- Efficiency Lead - Leveraging available resources to evaluate and steer most operationally effective planning/manufacturing routes
Purchasing Requisites Tasks
- Must be able to perform sourcing analysis and outreach to determine best local vendors for machined / painted / stamped purchased materials
- Must be able to create, update, and close purchase orders through Oracle’s Purchasing system
- Must be able to research errors in the order to pay process, including o Price / quantity / delivery date errors o Invoicing discrepancies / payment disagreements with suppliers o Incorrect packing lists or mislabeled products o Quality defects requiring return authorizations and credits
- Must demonstrate ability to manage work orders through external purchased processes of raw material we already own
- Must be able to confirm purchase order delivery details, specifically around date, quantity, and price
- Must be able to determine if a product would be better handled internally through our production team or through qualified external vendors
- Must demonstrate ability to coordinate staging activities to allow Material Handling to pull and prep materials from warehouse for processing sending to outside vendors
- Must be able to coordinate with customers, leadership, or other planners and keep them up to date on risks to customer delivery dates
- Must demonstrate ability to manage complaint replacement orders at highest priority to mitigate secondary order lead time.
- Must demonstrate ability to manage order expedites balancing customer service with vendor constraints
*Planning Requisites Tasks*
- Must demonstrate ability to coordinate immediate material needs with Specialty Planner, Grid Planner, and AMC Materials Planner to ensure WIP, raw, and subcomponent materials necessary for manufacturing, processing, or kit/packaging assembly are available when scheduled.
- Must demonstrate ability to coordinate order modifier changes with Specialty Planner, Grid Planner, and AMC Materials Planner to ensure WIP, raw, and subcomponent materials are stock in at reasonable levels based on historical consumption rates, and/or based on Product Management forecasting.
- Must demonstrate ability to manage all work order dates to never show immediate availability with dates past due.
- Must demonstrate ability to manage next day shipment scanning communication using red sleeve scanning communication.
- Must demonstrate ability to discern order entry error based on incorrect UOM or typical volume ratios; and make appropriate contacts to help manage incorrect order entry.
- Must be able to learn to be a backup to the Specialty Production Planner o Responsibility will require understanding the manufacturing and planning processes to be able to execute the role for short periods of time while the main person takes vacation or other leaves as required
- Familiarity with data analysis tools like Excel PivotTables and macros
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of organization and detail control
- Understanding of Work Order and Purchase Order flow through to customer sale or production consumption
- Ability to navigate Oracle or similar ERP system
- Ability to balance long-term planning with short-term tasks
- Capability to build relationships within other departments to get best results
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supply Chain
Organization: *Westlake/AMC-Supply Chain
Title: Buyer/Material Resource Planner - Westlake
Requisition ID: WES10152
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.