USG Corporation Production Operator (Speciality) - Westlake in Westlake, Ohio
- Follow safe work practices.
- Maintain accurate records of production.
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Perform cleaning and packaging of various products.
- Operate, set up, and troubleshoot single hit presses, auto-notcher, and manual brake.
- Use inspection equipment for quality control.
- Operate brake/punch presses.
- Operate, set up, and troubleshoot shears and manual notcher.
- Operate, set up, and troubleshoot curving equipment.
- Operate, set up, and troubleshoot automatic presses.
- Perform sample kit assembly.
- Perform various product packaging and large packing coordination.
- Operate JLG part picker.
- Load, operate, set up, and troubleshoot Paintline.
- Paint shading / formulation of standard and custom colors.
- Operate, set up, and troubleshoot Box-on-Demand Operate and Tapler gasketing equipment.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices. Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
Read and complete documented inspection procedures. Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them (tape measure, hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
Trained or have the ability to be trained in the safe operation of a JLG man-lift and all equipment associated with operating a JLG.
/Company Information/ // /For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's 7,000 plus employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
Our employees believe strongly in what we do – in fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees surveyed anonymously said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And we take care of our employees. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate their 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries with us, providing a family atmosphere for those who make a career with us. Find out how you can join the team and build your career:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html./
Title: Production Operator (Speciality) - Westlake
Requisition ID: WES10111
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.