USG Corporation Sales Manager - Westlake in Westlake, Ohio
This position effectively manages the process of selling AMC outside conversion coating and slitting. This position requires the account management of correct specifications throughout the total manufacturing process to ensure on-time shipments.
- Incorporate safety into all aspects of the AMC inside sales operations. Implement the plant safety program and direct the safety activities of the department to maintain an accident-free operation.
- Manage the process of selling AMC outside conversion coating and slitting. Maximize the short- and long-term growth in sales volume and profit by effectively developing relationships with coil coating customers in the market territory. Oversee key customer relationships by following up on customer satisfaction and meeting quality and service expectations.
- Develop product and sales strategies. Identify market opportunities by attaining knowledge of all industry factors and influencers. Meet sales goals by creating and implementing a strategic plan with Operations/Plant Manager. Monitor performance by analyzing sales and recommending needed changes.
- Responsible for effective training, motivation, and supervision of Sales Representatives.
- Effectively recommend the hiring, promotions, transfers, rate changes, layoffs and disciplinary action of employees within the department. Also responsible for the consistent application of Company policies and practices.
- Optimize communication with USG departments to ensure appropriate information is shared. Manage administrative duties, such as operating within budget, following price and policy guidelines, minimizing deductions, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or significant (5 years) steel processing industry experience. Sales experience preferred with knowledge/experience of scheduling and purchasing systems.
- Ability of overnight travel, both scheduled and not scheduled, based on customer needs.
- Proficient in using a computer and ability to learn new operating systems. Ability to create and use spreadsheets, word-processing programs, and presentations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills to fully communicate with all plant staff, employees, customers, and suppliers to ensure success. Possess skills to effectively present information and negotiate with customers. Ability to write and compile reports and business correspondence.
- Must possess strong leadership, analytical, and decision-making skills, and the ability to work in a diverse environment. Must be business minded, a self-starter, and results-oriented, with a strong emphasis on safety, quality, and customer service. Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Attention to details that drive sales with emphasis on building positive customer relationships.
- Must be adaptable and willing to work any necessary hours.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Westlake/AMC-AMC Sales
Title: Sales Manager - Westlake
Requisition ID: WES10136
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.